This is my first Florida summer in five years and I plan on taking full advantage of the Florida lifestyle. I'm talking either the beach or pool every weekend. John and I took a recent trip to the beach with the dogs and during that trip we realized that we needed to stock up on a few practical beach supplies to make our trips a little more easier and enjoyable. This is that list along with a few goodies that I have been eyeing for myself! :)
1. Fanny Pack: I'm taking it back to the 90s...sorry not sorry. We are planning on honeymooning in Europe at the end of the summer and I am determined to find a chic black leather fanny pack like this little beauty to wear around town. I think these look SO cool, maybe because it takes me back to my younger years when I sported a Minnie Mouse Fanny Pack on our family vacations. Unfortunately this one is sold out at ASOS, but I will be on the hunt for one like it...
2. Olympus PEN E-Pl8: I don't think that this is going to happen before our trip, but hey a girl can dream right?! First of all, this camera is so aesthetically pleasing, it's ridiculous. Second, I feel like this would be the perfect travel camera for all of our little adventures. I don't like having to lug around my Cannon. (which I still don't know how to use very well) I have read tons of reviews and most claim that this is the perfect starter camera for people who blog. Therefore, I will slowly be saving up for this camera over the summer... wish me luck! :)
3.Floppy Beach Hat: I am obsessed with these hats this summer. I definitely wished that I had a hat when we were at the beach and I will definitely be buying this little beauty. I LOVE the bow detail as well, it's so subtle but totally my style. I mean how cute would this hat look with a flowy maxi dress at the beach?!
4. bareMinerals: I was obsessed with bareMinerals in college. It was the only foundation that I would wear for years because it is the perfect foundation for the heat and humidity of Florida. I switched to liquid foundations when I moved away for some reason. However, now that I am back, I keep finding myself lingering at the bareMinerals counter in Ulta. I definitely plan on picking up a jar at some point this summer and I am sure that I will be just as obsessed as I was before.
5. Large Beach Bag: This is a MUST for the summer for obvious reasons. I have learned that apparently I am VERY picky when it comes to beach bags and I have been searching the internet for my ideal bag. I want something with a neutral print that doesn't cost too much. Is that too much to ask?? This is the closest that I have come so far, but I am still looking...
6. Fun Pool Float: Large floats are everywhere and I love it! Again, the 90s are back guys! I am obsessed with the Flamingo and Pegasus floats. There is also a large shell float that I have seen with drink holders. I keep daydreaming of floating in the pool on one of these guys and it is glorious!
7. White Linen Shirt: Nothing screams summer like a white linen shirt. It is such a versatile piece of clothing that you can dress up or down. I plan on using one as a beach cover-up.
8. Fancy Beach Towel: One, Two, and Three. This is also an obvious summer necessity. Trying to use a regular towel as a beach towel can be a little frustrating because they are so much smaller. I LOVE these towels that I found while skimming through Pintrest.
9. Beach Wagon: I feel like such a tourist putting this on my wish list, but having one of these would be SO useful. It is so frustrating trying to carry everything from the car to the beach with the dogs. Every time we go, John and I swear that we are going to break down and get a wagon. It's only a matter of time...
10. Sun Tan Lotion Fragrance: One of my favorite scents has always been the smell of suntan lotion because it's extremely nostalgic and reminds me of home. For years, I have been trying to find a perfume that smells like Coppertone or Banana Boat. I freaked out when I saw this on the Demeter Fragrance Library website and ordered it right away. I haven't received it yet, but I have such high hopes for this perfume!! Fingers crossed that it is what I have been looking for
What is on your summer wish list?